The summer transfer window was unlike any other; see all the major deals and check out how we graded the biggest signings. And just because the window is shut until January, that doesn’t mean the rumours won’t keep coming. Here is the latest gossip and speculation.
TOP STORY: Juve making contingency plans for Vlahovic
Calciomercato says that the Serie A side have plans to sign Vlahovic, 21, but with the international interest they may lose out on a deal. Mauro Icardi, Darwin Nunez, Alexandre Lacazette, Anthony Martial and Gianluca Scamacca are the five players they are reportedly monitoring.
The 21-year-old striker has been linked with Juventus as well as a host of big European names. In recent weeks, both Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur are said to be in talks over a move for the Serbia international.
Paris Saint-Germain striker Icardi is listed as an option, with the forward reduced to substitute appearances for the Ligue 1 side due to the front four of Lionel Messi, Kylian Mbappe, Neymar and Angel Di Maria ahead of him.
Arsenal forward Lacazette is out of contract in the summer, and has been linked with moves to Atletico Madrid and Newcastle as of late.
Martial has had few opportunities so far this season, racking up just under 250 minutes in all competitions. The France international joined from AS Monaco in 2015 for over £50 million, but he could leave in search of game time.
08.00 GMT: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer expects to survive the international break and remain in charge for Manchester United’s next game against Watford, sources told ESPN’s Rob Dawson.
The Norwegian has spoken to executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward since the demoralising 2-0 defeat to Manchester City on Saturday but has so far been given no indication he is set for the sack.
Sources close to Solskjaer, 48, accept that he is vulnerable after a run of six defeats in 12 games but insist he has been told to begin preparations for the trip to Vicarage Road on Nov. 20 and that he remains confident of turning the situation around.
United’s participation in the Champions League means they will not have another significant gap between fixtures for six weeks when they play Brighton at home on Dec. 18 and Newcastle United away on Dec. 27.
Sources have told ESPN that the club’s preference is to keep Solskjaer in position until at least the end of the season but there is a growing feeling that stance would have to change if United’s place in next season’s Champions League was threatened.
They are sixth in the league table, nine points behind leaders Chelsea and five points off the top four.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Luke Thrower)
– LaLiga side Valencia are weighing up a potential move for Wolves winger Adama Traore, reports journalist Ekrem Konur. The 25-year-old’s deal runs until 2023 with the club hoping to extend his contract for an extra three years. However, interest from the Spanish club could put them under pressure over his future at Molineux.
– Real Madrid president Florentino Perez is hoping to sign Internazionale midfielder Marcelo Brozovic in the summer and could use Luka Modric to help him land the player. According to El Nacional, Los Blancos are eyeing a move for the 28-year-old who could leave Italy on a free transfer. The report claims that Modric, Croatia international teammate of Brozovic, could have a part to play in any move as the Madrid side look to beat other European clubs to the signing.
– Another from Madrid, as Real playmaker Isco will leave the club at the end of his contract in the summer, reports AS. The 29-year-old is not in Carlo Ancelotti’s plans, seeing very few minutes since the Italian manager’s arrival. As a result, neither the player nor the club wish to renew his deal that expires at the end of the season.
– New Barcelona manager Xavi is not interested in signing past club transfer target Franck Kessie of Napoli, meaning Real Madrid are now eyeing a deal. According to El Nacional, Madrid president Perez is looking to revamp the midfield of the squad with out-of-contract Kessie listed as a name he is interested in.
– Premier League sides Newcastle United and West Ham United could be set to battle it out for the signature of Marseille defender Duje Caleta-Car. Calciomercato writes that the 25-year-old, who is out-of-contract in 2023, is a potential target for two sides looking to add to their defensive depth.